REVIEW - Bio-Essence Hydra Tri-Action Range

I recently went back to Malaysia for a holiday and realised my usual skincare products are too rich for the humid weather in Malaysia, therefore I looked into new skincare range that works better in this weather as I got back. In my attempt of looking for a new cream and moisturizing lotion in Watson, one of the sales approached me and offered me to try the Bio-Essence Hydra Tri-Action range. This range is popular for their sleeping mask, which provides water droplets to give you a very moisturized result. After trying the testers, the sales applied on my hand, it felt decent and quite suitable for the weather, so I decided to try it.



This range performs 3 ultimate functions for supple radiant skin using the 3x hydration power:

- Power Nano Hyaluronic Acid to Hydrate 
- Cranberry Extract and Olive Oil to nourish
- Cranberry Extract which is rich in anti-oxidants to protect skin



Bio-Essence Hydra Tri-Action Aqua Foamy Cleanser


This product is a rich foam formula that deeply cleanses and refreshes the skin. Hydration level is greatly boosted with the 2 types of Hyaluronic Acid (Power Nano Hyaluronic Acid and Hyaluronic Acid), which provides intense hydration and retains moisture to keep skin moist, supple and soft. It also contains Cranberry Extract and Olive Oil which also helps improve moisture level and protect the skin. It is also infused with Bio Energy Fluid that nourishes the skin and still make it feel clean and fresh, without the feeling of tightness.  


Directions

Squeeze a sufficient amount of product onto your palm or foaming net and lather with water. Then massage the foam on your face in circular motions. Then rinse with water until clean.



Scent - It smells floral and slightly fruity. The scent is not strong and will not linger. The smell easily disappears as you lather on your palm or foaming net. 

Texture - A thick white/pearly consistency.

Packaging - It comes in a light blue plastic tube packaging with a silver unscrew able lid. The lid is very easy to screw open or close. It also feels of decent quality, however, I personally think it will be better and more convenient if the lid is a flip lid because it does get annoying to unscrew it and screw it back on after use.


What the product looks like...

What it looks like when lathered up...



After a few weeks of continuously using this product, I don't think it is that good. Firstly, it is not very foamy/soapy, therefore, it feels light and doesn't feel very clean. I also thought that it leaves a kind of residue that feels like there's a layer of something still on my skin which makes it feel like it not very clean.  However, after each use it it does feel moisturized and leaves no tightness. 

Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this product if you're like me, who prefers your face wash to leave you with a squeaky clean face. 



Bio-Essence Hydra Tri-Action Aqua Refreshing Toner

The next step is to tighten your pores and tone your face with a toner. The sales introduced this product to me more as a moisturizing lotion than a toner. She said that this product adds moisture to your skin and keeps it locked in. 


Directions

Apply an adequate amount of product onto a cotton pad then lightly wipe it on your skin or just pour some products onto your palms and pat it onto your face. 


Scent - Again, like the face wash, it smells floral and slightly fruity. The scent is not strong and will not linger as it easily disappeared when it is applied. Non chemical scent.

Texture - An almost transparent watery consistency. Consistency feels more like water/toner than a moisturizing lotion. However, it does feel a bit sticky and kind of heavy on skin like a moisturizing lotion. 

Packaging - It is stored in a blue glass bottle with a plastic acrylic cap. It feels heavy, not because of the amount of product given but the glass bottle. It actually contains quite little product, though it is quite cheap. On the other hand, the glass bottle does make it classy.



My opinion: I don't like this product either, because again it leave the residue feeling which makes it feel thick and less refreshing. This product can't be claimed as a moisturizing lotion either since the moisturizing level is not high and disappears very quickly. So, it has the feel of a toner but too sticky to be a toner. This product it definitely not 'refreshing' like it says in its name.



Bio-Essence Hydra Tri-Action Aqua Moisturizing Gel

Final step is moisturizing. This moisturizing gel is supposed to replenish and lock in all the moisture. 


Directions

Apply an adequate amount onto your face and massage until fully absorbed.  


Scent - This product has more of a minty floral scent. The minty smell makes it feel very clean, fresh and relaxing. The smell does stay on your face for a bit after applying but not for long. It usually goes away after 5-10 minutes.

Texture - It is a watery gel texture. The colour is light blue/turquoise, which makes you imagine of water and the sea. The product almost feels like water when it is applied on skin and is easily absorbed. 

Packaging - It is also in a light blue container to match the whole range. The container is made of transparent acrylic plastic on the outside with another layer of silver on the inside. The plastic container does make it look less high class compare to the other packaging in the range but it does look high quality from far away. 

What the product looks like...

What the product looks like when blended...


It feels like there are not a lot of product inside because of the watery gel texture. It also feels like you need to apply a lot of product each time because of how watery and fast absorbing it is. I am 3/4 through the jar in only 1 month time, therefore, it is considered quite expensive since you can go through a pot of product in such short time. 

More flaws from this product is that it doesn't feel fresh as it leaves a slight sticky feeling. My face also starts to get oily very quickly (no matter how much or little I apply), especially around my nose. To me, my face started to feel dirty, oily and disgusting after like an hour or two with this moisturizer so I wouldn't recommend it. The watery gel-like texture did no benefit to my face in this humidity, though it should be the best texture for this weather generally speaking.


Final Thought

I am very disappointed with the range. It is not refreshing like it makes it sound nor is it that moisturizing, since that moisturizing feeling turns into an oily feeling in such a short time. It is also not immensely cheap.

I purchased this range as a set for around RM80 (around £15). 
But if bought individually it is...
Face Wash - RM22.90 (around £4.50)
Toner - RM32.90 (around £6.40)
Moisturizer - RM54.90 (around £10.60)


Would I repurchase these products? 
No, I am afraid. 

15 comments:

  1. what type of your skin ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK YOUR SKIN IS OILY..BECAUSE U HAVE AN ACNE. THIS PRODUCT SUITABLE FOR DRY SKIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having acne doesn't necessarily mean I have oily skin. Some combination skin or oily skin type is caused by dehydration. When your skin is lacking in moisture, it will produce oil to replace that moisture. My skin changes according to the weather I am under. At the time, I was in a very hot country so I was more of an combination skin at the time with more oil producing around the T zone and drier/normal skin around the U zone. Hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. I wish I read your blog before purchased them. I have combination skin (oily at nose and mouth & dry othrr part). This product made my face oily before mid day.

      Delete
  3. Can combination skin use tHis product????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about oily skin? Kindly do reply.

      Delete
    2. Hello, sorry for the late reply. If you have oily skin, I wouldn't recommend you try this either as it left my skin quite oily despite having dry/combination skin type so I couldn't imagine how oily it will leave your skin if you already have oily skin.

      Delete
  4. I wanna try aqua moisturizing gel..my skin quite dry till 'menggelupas'. My skin are quite sensitive with product. Sometimes i feel like it reddish burn when I apply the wrong skincare. Is it aqua moisturizing gel recommended for me? please assist me.. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. tahnks for sharing ur thought especially on the moisturizer part!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just try the travelkit after trying 3 days my faces felt like burning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case, I would strongly advise you to stop using it! There is a high chance that you're allergic to the product. Never continue to use product that gives your skin a burning sensation unless it is acid related skincare which works in a slightly different way. Sorry for such a late reply though.

      Delete
  7. I have dry skin and whitehead problem. Is this product suit for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't advice since it left my skin feeling quite oily and oil on skin will likely cause more whiteheads

      Delete

 

Followers