Hair Update - Ombré


I have always wanted to ombre or dip dye my hair but it was never at the right length to look nice (in my opinion). Last week I finally decided to experiment and I am happy to say that the ombre turned out very nice and the colour was just right. 

Remember my last hair post? Well, from then the mahogany colour has faded back to my original gingery/brown colour that I dyed back in 2013 summer. My roots has definitely grown out a lot but I was fine with that because originally I wanted to grow it out and let it turn into an ombre - lost my patience with that as you can see. 

This is what it looks like before I had anything done.




During the first trial, I used a very blonde dye from Garnier Olia and hoping it will lighten my ends. It is the 9.3 light golden blonde. I got to say I am very impressed with this dye because it did not make my eyes water (not as harsh) since it does not contain ammonia but it is still a permanent colour. After the dye, my hair wasn't dry like it would be after most hair dye due to the extra oil they include in their products. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to dye their hair permanently but does not want to damage their hair too much. It is also not that expensive either - the original price is around £6.99 but it was on sale at Superdrug so I only paid around £4 for it along with my student discount. 


 I started applying the dye around half way down and applied extra dye on my ends because that's the bit that should be the lightest. I then wrapped it in foil after so it doesn't transfer everywhere. 
PS - definitely wear an old t-shirt that you don't mind getting dirty because IT WAS MESSY!


The result of first try... 
My ends does look lighter but there wasn't much difference since the colour of the dye is not light enough for asian hair - what a disappointment. Because I wanted it to be lighter therefore I did it again. 



This time I've learned my lesson and got the L'oreal Preference Wild Ombres No 1 Dip Dye Hair Kit (Dark Blonde to Medium Brown 2). This product is more like a lightening dye (bleach). The brush that it came with the kit was quite useful as well. Unlike the Garnier Olia hair dye, this product was quite strong and made my eyes water quite badly when I was using it - maybe because it is bleach. It felt quite damaging after too however it did work quite well. This product was slightly more expensive. I paid around £5 with the sale and student discount but it is usually £7.49 each.  

Here is the end result of my second try. It blends quite well because of my previous hair colour and with the first ombre trial. I do like it a lot therefore this is a success for my first time ombreing.  




After Care Tips
As you probably already know that dying your hair can damage it A LOT! What I do is apply loads of hair oil to my ends (the driest part) and leave it over night. If it gets irritating because it feels disgusting due to the grease, I would suggest you to plait it while you sleep. You can use any type of hair oil, argon oil is a good choice too if you have any. 

The ones I use. 


Oil in Action =P 


PS - I am having work experience recently therefore it might be a bit difficult for me to update regularly. Bare with me! Sorry for all the excuses and not updating much. I am a busy person! xD


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers