REVIEW: My BB Cushions Collection Comparison, Swatch and Review


Hello Everyone, this is going to be a huge post as I will be showing you all the BB cushions I own, swatching and reviewing them. I know there are already a lot of reviews about BB cushions out there but I hope what I write will also contribute and help those who are looking to buy them. 

I was having some trouble with my skin lately since I have been constantly moving. The weather, water and skincare kept changing as I moved back to London for around 2 months then went to Hong Kong and Japan for a holiday which lasted around 5 weeks. Therefore, I am breaking out quite a bit but I am back at University now so hopefully everything will settle down. But having those pimples also means its a good time to review BB cushions as you can see what these cushions does to skin with some bumps and large pimples here and there.

I have warm-toned, normal skin (with slightly oilier T-zone) so foundations with a yellow base suits me better than pink base.

FYI - all the cushions I own are Korean brands.

First on my list is the...
Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control with SPF50+ PA+++ (OLD VERSION)





I have this in both shade 21 and 23 as I am usually an in-between colour. I tend to use the 21 more in the winter and 23 in the summer. I am using the 23 now as I did get a bit tanned in Hong Kong. 

PS - This might be why most of my cushions are too light for me right now. 

Laneige has the biggest range of shades on my list as they are targeting an international market compare to the rest. I would recommend going one Korean shade lighter than normal for this since this 23 is one of the darkest shade I have in my collection. So, if you're normally a shade 23 in most Korean brands, you should get the shade 21. However, from my knowledge the new one is slightly lighter than the old version and has more of a pink/peach base.


★ - 1 Star  ☆ - Half Star

Moisture☆ 
Coverage
Long Lasting
Blur
Dewiness

Suitable for normal/combination skin.




This cushion does oxidise a bit and it will usually stay put for around 4-5 hours without it becoming dull and starts to come off. It does fade over time but it is not obvious since smudges are not that visible. The cover is medium so concealers are needed for dark circles and pimples. However, it hides pores quite well so I'll recommend it to those with big pores and doesn't have too much acne (it didn't break me out). I've realised this is better in drier places than humid. It felt quite stuffy and sticky when I was using it in Hong Kong where is was very humid and hot.


#23
Texture - does feel like you have foundation on but not too stuffy
Price - average of £26-£30 with 1 refill



Iope Air Cushion XP with SPF 50+ PA+++ (M23)




Iope cushion is quite similar to the Laneige one (old version) in terms of coverage and price point but seems to do less well.

I use the shade 23 mainly in winter as it is a bit light due to its pinker base than Laneige but overall it does fit my skin. 

Moisture -  
Coverage - 
Long Lasting - 
Blur - ☆ 
Dewiness - 

Suitable for combination skin.



This cushion does oxidise and it will usually stay put for around 4 hours before it starts to come off but it doesn't really become dull like the Laneige one. It doesn't really smudge but it does last less than the Laneige one. The cover is medium so concealers are needed for dark circles and pimples. It has less moisture when applying but it gives a tackier feel which seems to stick to skin better. It is average at hiding pores and it shows bumps on skin. I'll recommend it to those with normal skin and doesn't have too much acne (it didn't break me out).



Texture - feels a bit sticky/tacky on skin but not too stuffy
Price - around £30 with 1 refill



Clio Kill Cover Liquid Founder Ampoule Cushion with SPF50+ PA+++




I have this in both shade #3 linen and #4 ginger. I bought this online so I thought #3 will fit me but then when I received it, I realised it was super light so I then bought the #4 thinking it would be ok since that is the darkest shade they hold but later on realised even that is light for me which is quite annoying. I hope it will be ok when I get a bit lighter in the winter. MAKE SURE YOU BUY A SHADE DARKER!

This brand is known for their high coverage so I wanted to try it as so many people have said good things about it. I do have one of their foundation and thought the texture and coverage was very good. HOWEVER, this is quite a disappointment. I already knew it would be heavy looking but EVERY BUMPS AND LUMPS shows up along with the very heavy foundation look. You already knew people with troubled skin would want to use this for its high coverage right? just NOT IMPRESSED! The coverage is very good though...


Moisture - 
Coverage - 
Long Lasting - 
Blur - 
Dewiness - 

Suitable for oily skin.






This cushion doesn't really oxidise so it stays super light and obvious on the face with the texture. It dries down to be quite matte looking so it would be good for oily skin (although I have heard it gets oily after awhile...) but I don't recommend to those who have a lot of bumps. It moves around a lot throughout the day too so a lot of touch-ups are required and it is not long lasting either. Don't touch your face guys! I would say buy it if you have clear and fair skin and wants that full coverage look. PS - may be good for those with scarring and no bumps on the skin though.


#4 Ginger
Texture - thick and stuffy
Price - around £18-25 with 1 refill

PS - case is very bulky and heavy too.



Innisfree Water Glow Cushion with SPF50+ PA+++ (#23)






I have always been a huge fan of Innisfree as their products are quite natural and usually has a lot natural ingredients such as green tea, olive oil, volcanic clay etc.. I have their water glow cushion in shade 23 and have also tried the long lasting version, also in shade 23. I would say I like both as they target on different needs. Their shades are a tiny bit lighter than other shades so you should be careful with that. I knew they have come out with new versions ages ago but I haven't yet to try them.

Moisture - 

Coverage - 
Long Lasting - 
Blur -  
Dewiness - 

Suitable for dry skin.



This cushion does oxidise to be a bit darker and dries a bit powdery which provides a great blur effect in both the water glow and long lasting one. I love this cushion when I want lighter make up but wants my pores all covered up for that smooth skin look. The coverage is not that good but that is OK since this is a moisturising cushion more than a coverage cushion. However, the long lasting one does have some decent coverage but of course that is a bit less moisturising. It smudges a bit so be careful of that but it is not that obvious and can be easily fixed with your fingers. It does not cover pimples so I would recommend you to use a concealer. The dewiness is on point with that natural glow but doesn't seem like it is oily. This is a great, affordable option.



Texture - feels light and moisturising
Price - around £10-15 with case (does not come with refills)
refills are only around £6-8



Etude House AC Clean Up Mild Cushion with SPF50+ PA+++ (02 Natural Beige)




I decided to buy the 02 Natural Beige and it fits well right now, but it does darken quite a bit while oxidising so choose carefully. 

I normally break out from Etude House products so I was a bit scared of trying this but it didn't break me out which is good as it is an acne cushion.


Moisture - ☆ 
Coverage - 
Long Lasting - 
Blur - 
Dewiness - 

Suitable for normal skin.





This cushion has a very nice refreshing feel when applied onto skin but after it's dried, it turns powdery so there is not much dewiness. The dryness from the powder also give a tiny bit of blurring effect but since it is not so dewy it is not as impressive as the Innisfree one. This cushion's literally does not have much coverage at all so don't expect it to cover your pimples. It only really evens out your skin tone so it is good for those who has clear skin and just want something very light on the skin, and making sure it wouldn't break you out at all.



Texture - very comfortable and light
Price - around £10 with no refill

PS - the case is very thin and compact but that also means less product. 



Missha The Original Tension Pact
Perfect Cover with SPF 37 PA++ (#23)






There are 4 different types of the Missha Original Tension Pact. The main ones are Perfect Cover for the coverage and Intense Moisture for the moisturising properties.

I recently bought this so I haven't really used it much yet but here are some first impression. Their shades are normal Korean shades but it has more of a pinky base when applied on my hand. However, on the face it appeared more neutral/beige so it was quite nice on my skin.

Moisture - 
Coverage - 
Long Lasting - 
Blur - 
Dewiness - 

Suitable for dry/normal skin.


This cushion does oxidise a very tiny bit to a yellower colour so don't expect the shade to change too much. It felt quite moisturising when you first applied on the skin but it dries down a little after. The coverage is medium to high so it covers most scars but with pimples you still need a few more layers and maybe some concealer. This cushion is a bit on the heavier side but it becomes quite dewy so it looks very natural and amazing smooth on skin. It also does not highlight your bumps which is great! Longevity seems average but I do need to wear it out to fully say. It does budge a little but it is no big deal. I would highly recommend this if you like higher coverage but also love the dewiness.


Texture - looks a bit heavy but feels alright
(like you do have make up on but not too stuffy)
Price - around £10-15 (does not come with refills)


Missha The Original Tension Pact
Intense Moisture with SPF 37 PA++ (#23)



Again, I only just received this so these are pretty much my first impressions. Compare to the perfect cover one I feel like this one is a bit lighter and has a stronger pink base so it didn't match me that well. This one does not change colour at all so make sure you know which colour match you.

Moisture - 
Coverage - 
Long Lasting - 
Blur - 
Dewiness - 

Suitable for dry/normal skin.


This cushion does not oxidise at all so it stays exactly the same colour as when you first applied it. It is advertised as the most moisturising one out of the range but to me it did not differ from the perfect cover cushion. However, the coverage is way less and and it seems to budge a lot. Even with a slight touch, you can see the marks made (the worst one out of my collection in this case), therefore, I believe it is not long lasting at all and needs constant touch ups. It is also very sticky so be sure that your hair and dust will stick. Despite it being the 'moisturising' cushion, I saw that it actually dried down matte so not much dewiness is given off which is supposed to come along with moisture. Final verdict of this cushion is that I don't like it a lot.



Texture - looks a bit heavy but feels alright
(like you do have make up on but not too stuffy)
Price - around £10-15 (does not come with refills)



Final Comment
I hope this has helped you pick what cushion match your skin type and needs the most. I would say my favourite light feeling cushion is the Innisfree range; everyday cushion would be the Laneige but the old version; and Missha Intense Cover when I want a heavier coverage.

Please Like, Comment and Share! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers