TRAVEL - Seoul

My Travelling Experience in Seoul

If you have read my previous post about what I have bought in Seoul, then you obviously knew I travelled to South Korea recently. Here is a rough idea of how my trip was and where I have managed to visit and what type of food I tried etc.. 

I travelled to Seoul during mid July and stayed there for 16 days in total. I booked my trip on Expedia and I flew with Air China, which had a stopover of 2 hours inbetween at Beijing from London to Seoul. Air China was one of the worst long haul flight I have been on before. The service was terrible, food didn't taste that nice and you have to deal with people from the Mainland and their loudness. During the sleeping hours on the plane, we had 2 Chinese men having a super loud conversation at the back of the plane and people could barely sleep but yet no staff did anything about that. I also had a horrible check-in service at the airport in London. Despite the service and people, the entertainment on flight was also terrible! The remotes are so worn out that the buttons could not be pressed properly and even though you can press it and control it, the screen is mega blurry and pretty much nothing could be watched on it.

I stayed at Apple Tree Guest House in Mapo-gu and the owner was very nice! He waited and welcomed us even when we arrived at 1am due to the delays we had, not mentioning that he also helped us with our luggages and things. This place is quite decent to stay at. Almost everything you will need is provided by the owner, such as tea, coffee, plates, cups, washing machine, washing powder etc. This place is very homely and it feels very friendly. We have been going 'home' pretty late every single day and it still felt very safe in the neighbourhood so I will definitely consider living there again next time I visit Korea. Travelling was also pretty easy as the subway station is right outside and Hongdae is only about 20 minutes walk away.

Apple Tree Guest House


Naengmyeon



Kimchi and other Side Dishes


Arts in Hongdae


Streets in Hongdae


Namsan Tower


Namsan Tower


View from Namsan Tower


Fried Chicken from Cheongdam

62 Building Aquarium


You Are Here - EatYourKimchi's Cafe


Patbingsu at Sul Bing


Gyeongbokgung Palace


Samcheong-dong


Ddukbokki


At Bukchon trying out Hanbok


Bukchon


Oreo Bingsoo


Traditional Houses at Bukchon


Mini Cactuses Souvenirs


Samcheong-dong Thrift Shop


Samcheong-dong


Insa-dong - Dong bang (Poo Bread)


쌈지길 Ssamjigil at Insa-dong


Katsu at Hongdae


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers