TRAVEL - Hong Kong

If you haven't already read my post on what I did in Seoul then you should check it out first! 

The first stop during my summer holiday was in Seoul, Korea for 16 days then I flew over to Hong Kong afterwards for another 9 days. 

I booked this whole trip by myself, unlike what I did for Seoul. This means that I got to choose the flight and the place I would like to stay at myself, though of course I am just going with the cheapest and the ones that is worth the money more. 

I flew with HK Express, which is a low budget airline that allows you to add on and pay extra for luggage space and food. The prices were quite cheap and I totally recommend it if you're a student or wants to save money because you can totally choose how much you want and the amount you want to spend according to your budget. However, I bought a little too much in Seoul and wanted to increase my luggage space online (just a few days before flying) and they wouldn't let you, so you would have to just stick to the price plan that they will charge on the spot when you check in. I didn't have to pay extra at the end because my friend was being very nice and helped me carry some stuff back to the UK for me.

In terms of hotel, I went for Airbnb and booked a hostel room to stay. It was my first experience with Airbnb and the booking was quite pleasant. I booked a room for two for£30 per night because it was originally meant to be a trip for two people but one dropped out half way so I just travelled alone. The place is located in Jordan and I felt the neighbourhood was quite safe since Jordan can be a dodgy place to be living in. It was just off Nathan Road so it was very easy to travel to place with the MTR station being just 5 minutes walk away and a bunch of bus stops right outside. You could even walk to Tsim Sha Tsui and Mongkok if you wanted to. You just had to follow the long Nathan Road. 

However, despite it being a decent location, the room was quite dirty and when I moved it, it seemed like they didn't even change the bed sheets which is kind of disgusting. The floor was dusty and I had to basically bring out my trusty Dettol wipes to sanitise everything before using them. I also had a cockroach in my room one night and that scared the hell out of me and my friend who stayed with me for the night. On top of the hygiene, the security was not very good either. They do have a guard at the front entrance at basically any time of the day but the combination code to enter my room was so simply that I felt like anyone could enter my room and take my stuff when I was out. The password was also online on the Airbnb website therefore it was not safe at all. The odd numbered lift also broke down twice or three times during my 9 days stay and I had to carry my suitcases down a flyer of stairs to get to the room or a lift while moving in and leaving the place since the room is located on the 9th floor.

Other than that, I did have a good time and met some new friends that I do still have contact with now. I do wish to go back to Hong Kong another time but this time I would definitely do it with a friend or something as travelling alone is not that fun, especially when you're a girl which can be quite dangerous.

Tsim Sha Tsui - A Symphony of Lights

Central - PMQ 元創方

Central

Central - IFC Mall

Central - Hong Kong Observation Wheel

On the Way to Cheung Chau

Cheung Chau

Fish Ball at Cheung Chau

The Boats in Cheung Chau



Mango Mochi in Cheung Chau

The Peak View

Until next time HK! <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers